Thursday, December 4, 2008

RIP The Coop.

As you all know, I have had a cute little black Mini Cooper since February 2005, my sophomore year. So adorable!! My perfect car was the best ever, until November 13, 2008. This was the horrible day of my accident. I was driving on campus on South Campus Drive, and talking on the phone. This is when I looked up from my phone and saw a stopped car about 15 feet ahead of me. I slammed on my breaks, but completely hit the car in front of me. The airbag went off and my car was filled with smoke that smelled AWFUL. I got out of the car and saw the horrible damage that had happened to the coop. The woman's car who I hit had little to no damage at all, but she claimed that it needed a new bumper. I called my Mom first thing. Then two of my friends, Jordan and Alexis, saw me and pulled over to help. A few minutes later Taylor was there and the Police too. We figured it all out, and the car was then towed to a junk yard until we contacted our insurance. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me and I know I will never talk on the phone when I drive again. We all assumed the car would be fixable, because after the accident we drove the car to a parking lot, so if it could drive we figured it would be fixed. However, when I arrived home 2 weeks later for Thanksgiving break, my parents informed me that my car had been declared totaled and would cost about $18,000 to fix, which is about how much the car is worth.

A few days later, we realized that my Mom's car has been paid off completely, so instead of having to buy me a new car it looks like I'll be getting her Lexus and she will be getting a new car! This is great that I am getting such a nice car, but is still so sad that the coop is gone forever. I loved that car so much. It was perfect. The Lexus RX 330 has huge shoes to fill. Here are some pictures in memory of Cooper.





4 comments:

Steph said...

RIP friend. We had some good times cruising down Jeffery!

Amanda said...

you have to drive a lexus? disgusting.

autism mom said...

Hi Lauren,

I love your site. I am a Delta Gamma from Arkansas and was searching for DG's at "Rice" as in the University and found you. This was a treat, looking at the pics from things that we also use to do, like "anchor splash"! What a trip down memory lane!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's great!! What a random coincidence! How fun to see that we all do the same things through Delta Gamma!