Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4th.

I absolutely love the 4th of July. It never truly feels like summer until the 4th. Beach, Bikes, & BBQ's - and to top it off, fireworks. It's the best day of the whole summer. Well, I hope everyone enjoys their Independence Day. Celebrate America! (Try not to think about the direction it is going in...) This video is amazing. Got it from Steph and Masha's blog and had to put it on mine. Watch it all - the end is the best.



And in the words of Rodney Atkins...

Now we might not always get it right
But there's nowhere else I rather build my life
Cause it's a kid with a chance
It's a rock n roll band
It's a farmer cuttin' hay
It's a flag blowin' in the summer wind
Over some fallen hero's grave.
It's a high school prom
It's a springstein song
It's a welcome home parade
It's a man on the moon
And fireflies in June
Kids sellin lemonade
It's cities and farms
And open arms
One Nation Under God
It's America

PS - I have to work today. Booooo. But at least I'll be off in time for fireworks!!!

No comments: