Saturday, October 17, 2009

New York.

I just got back from the best fall break trip ever with three amazing friends. We visited our friend Taylor in NYC. I absolutely LOVED it. Everything! However I will admit that NYC is exhausting! We walked sooo much, but it was great. I love the feel of the city, the atmosphere and the rush, and how each area feels a little different. I liked SoHo and the village a lot, but I really loved 5th Ave and the Upper East Side - bliss. I don't really think I could see myself living there as a student, but I would love to work in New York after grad school. Taylor's apartment is in Hell's Kitchen on 43rd Street and 10th Ave, it was the perfect location for us as tourists. Right next to Time Square and walking distance to pretty much everywhere. If we didn't walk, we took the subway and it was really fast getting around. The food was great, we saw 2 shows - The 39 Steps and Mary Poppins - and 4 museums - MoMA, Guggenheim, the Met, and the Internat'l Center for Photography - we saw Rockafeller Center, Times Sq, Central Park, the Temple, 5th Ave, Columbus Circle, Strawberry Fields, Flat Iron, Madison Square Park, Washington Square, SoHo, NoHo, Greenwich Village, Chinatown, EVERYTHING!!!! We jam packed our whole trip. It was the best. I took over 400 pictures, I'll put a couple of them up when I load them on my comp. But for now, it is back to reality and TONS of arch homework!!!

I already miss you Manhattan. See you soon (I hope).

No comments: