Thursday, May 28, 2009

I'm Sailing Away.

I have always thought it would be really fun to know how to sail. Not only because nautical clothes are so cute, Sperries are my favorite shoes, and DG's symbol is an anchor, but because I live in Orange County - 10 minutes from the beach - and don't surf, skim board, sail, or anything besides lay out at the beach. This, I feel, is a problem. I want to start taking advantage of the beautiful place I live and learn to do something! I have surfed before and I just don't see surfing really happening for me...it's way too hard unless someone pushes me into the wave. Sailing would be SO fun! Seth Cohen (the nerdy, rich, Newport Coast guy from The O.C.) also made me think it would be pretty fun. Anyways, I told my dad about my idea and he claims he wanted to learn to sail when he moved to Southern California way back when. So, I have looked into it and there are several places in Newport I can learn, but I'm thinking the Newport Beach Sailing School would be great! I know this is probably not going to happen, but seriously I wish so bad I could take these classes and learn!!!Nonetheless, once I get a paycheck I think I'll invest in some new Sperries even though I probably won't be sailing. They have these special edition ones I have been wanting! Not sure if I want the pink, blue, or yellow yet...They are all so cute!

1 comment:

Lavishanaire® said...

I like these, i dont care if there pink.lol...Lavishanaire