Tuesday, November 3, 2009

X-Sited.

Holy. Cow.

I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!! I don't really want to get my hopes up, but since my teacher said it was about 99% for sure happening, I feel like I can expect it to happen and tell everyone about it! Okay, so this semester we obviously did the Salt Flats project and got to go camping with all of us and our teachers in the flats. It was awesome. It's a fairly known fact that each semester you take a trip with your class to the location of the projects you are working on. For instance, we went to the Salt Flats and the Major 2's went to Evanston, Wyoming this semester. Wellllll...Next semester we are going to focus on more urban design in our studio. Therefore, we are taking a trip to a big city!!!! We are going to fly there, stay in hotels, miss about 3 days of school and have the time of our lives!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! The teacher only told about 5 of us and said not to tell everyone in case it didn't happen, but most likely it will. Typically the program just takes the class to places that are driving distances. It will be so fun to take a legit trip with everyone!! We don't know where the location is, but I think it is probably west coast because that would be a little cheaper than NYC or something on the east coast. These are our top guesses, in order of likeliness.

1. Seattle

2. Las Vegas
(I kind of hope not)

3. San Francisco


I was also thinking it could be LA, but I sort of doubt it and I really hope its not. I REALLY hope it's Seattle because I have been wanting to go there and I have never been! Plus they have great architecture! I am literally exstatic. I cannot believe how awesome my major is! Seriously, everyone should be jealous of architecture students. I am so freaking lucky. I love my major. I love my classmates. I love my teachers. I love my life.

2 comments:

Siena said...

hahaha I love that you said-he told us not to tell anyone-well duh why wouldn't you post it online...that's sooo exciting tho!! I wish comm were nearly as interesting as architecture congrats hun!

Beverly Rice said...

WOW. I can't believe you get to do this. I don't know of any other major that would pay for something like this! You are so lucky!! Lucky for you that there are still some places you haven't been to yet! :)

P.S. It is "ecstatic" - no x

Love you!