Sunday, December 6, 2009

Fast Sunday.

Remember my blog post about me wondering what the big picture in life is? (You probably don't because you saw it and though, wow there is no way I am reading this ridiculously long thing.) Well, today I was slapped in the face with the answer - the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it sounds lame and I normally don't blog about religion, but hey it's the first Sunday of the month and I didn't bear my testimony in church, so maybe I'll use this as my outlet, haha, it's a step. (I really feel weird about posting this, but for some reason I really feel like I should.) Through all of our good times in life and our trials in life there is one thing that I can always rely on to be there and that is the Lord. He is always there for me and I am constantly leaning on him. Being blessed with the Gospel in my life is probably the greatest thing that happened to me. I am so lucky that I was born into the family I am in. I love my family so much and look up to each one of them in different ways. They are such an amazing support system and are my favorite people to be around. Same with my friends. Without them I don't know where I'd be. I think it was the greatest blessing that I was able to move in with Annie and Brecken, they have become two of my bestest friends who are always bringing me up, supporting me, and there for me whenever I need them, no matter what it is or what time it is. I love them so much. As well as all of my other close friends. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church. The Book of Mormon is the most correct book and I am grateful that I can have it in my life. I am grateful for prayer and I have a testimony that when you pray and communicate with Heavenly Father you will have the spirit with you more strongly and feel so much happier. You will receive answers to your questions, even if it takes a while. When you are obedient and trust in the Lord, life just seems to be better and things start falling into place. It is ridiculous how many things this year have happened that are wonderful and such blessing and I know they only happened because I started making more of an effort to put the church first. I know that no matter how hard school is, how much boys suck, and how much I wish I had more time for friends, I always need to make time for the Lord because he helps me through all of those things. Nothing is more important. The big picture isn't being successful in your career or dating everyone you meet - it is living the gospel and putting the Lord first. If you do that then everything will be okay and fall into place as it should. Put your will aside and let his will be done. I know that President Monson is a true living prophet as Joseph Smith was and that he receives revelation for us. I am so blessed to have the life I have and this Christmas season I hope to appreciate Christ more that presents.

3 comments:

Emmy said...

this is really sweet lauren, i love it.

Beverly Rice said...

I am so proud that you are my daughter. Thank you for sharing your testimony with us.

Jane said...

I love this Lauren! :)