Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Finals Week.

The last two weeks have felt like a month. Last week on Dec. 11th we had our final review in studio. It was rough getting everything together and preparing for it, but it ended up going okay and we all finished our work. We were at school pretty late that whole week and I even slept at school one of the nights for a little bit. On Friday after the review we went to Cafe Rio with our studio which was pretty fun, except our teacher was an hour late so it was a little awkward when he got there and we were done eating. Then I was so exhausted that I went straight home and went to bed and slept for a really long time. That weekend was nice because I pretty much didn't do anything except sleep and hang out with my friends. There is an annual Christmas party that these Skyline kids do every year and it was hilarious. I was obsessed. Everyone was so fun and it was the best Christmas Party ever. The next day was our family Christmas party at Gran's which was awesome. We all were fake drunk and it was hilarious. From that point on, I was owned by school. Sunday night I stayed at school till 5 am working on stuff, went home, and came back around 11 am. Monday was ridiculous. I literally didn't leave school. I was there, along with lots of other people, working on an AutoCAD project we had due on Tuesday at noon. I didn't sleep a wink. At 6 AM our teacher showed up with doughnuts, knowing that there would be tons of us there working on the project. He's nice. At noon when we turned in everything we took a break for about an hour at which time I got a diet coke and contemplated going home to shower since I'd been at school for over 24 hours, but instead I stayed and we started studying for our Materials Construction final that was the next day. Bad idea to wait to study until the day before. Espesh for that class. We studied until about 5 and then I went home showered, ate dinner, and came back to school at 7 for a study session. I shouldn't have even gone to the study session because as I was sitting in the classroom I fell asleep every 5 minutes. My eyes were so heavy and I couldn't stay awake. I had been awake for about 32 hours at that point, but only had about 4 hours of sleep before that so it seemed like I had been awake for like 55ish hours. Finally went to bed right after the pointless study session at like 9 PM and then woke up at 4:30 to study. It was a decent idea. Finally took the test, and finals were over. Most exhausting week of my life. It was out of control. I have never had less sleep in my life. Between Sunday morning and Wednesday night I had only slept about 12 hours. INSANE. Well, I survived my first semester of architecture school. Quite the accomplishment. Some argue the first year is the hardest. Hopefully I did well in my classes and pull at least a B average. We'll see. For now, I'm just glad it's over and that I can catch up on sleep.