Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Semi Let Down.

Well, you probably read in my earlier post from a couple weeks ago that my class is taking a trip to a big city to see awesome architecture and do a site analysis for our final studio project of our first year of architecture school. Today they formally announced where and what we will be doing. We are going to be taking a trip to Los Angeles. We are flying into Long Beach airport and then taking a bus to downtown LA. We are staying in a hotel right next to the Disney Concert Hall. I am excited for this trip, don't get me wrong, but I am a little bit bummed that it is to a place that I have been a million times and won't be new to me. We are going to the Getty, Disney Concert Hall, the new high school they just built, and some other buildings around there. I literally went to all of those places this summer, ha. I could stay at my house and then drive up to LA each morning while I'm there instead of staying at the hotel even. (Obviously I am going to stay at the hotel because it will be easier and fun but you get the point). I am still very excited though. I know that seeing these places with a new understanding and appreciation for architecture will be great. I will really be able to soak it in, analyze the buildings, and even critique them and form an opinion about them. Plus, let's be honest - I love Southern California. Anyways, just thought I'd let you know that we will be taking a trip there in February. It's a Thursday (morning) - Saturday (night). It will be great. I LOVE MY MAJOR. The end.

No comments: